“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.“
Martino says … Invest in yourself!
How does this relate to you, our TGS community, or our world?
Grade 10 Global Studies: India Studies: World Wide Walkers Issue # 1
- Discussion using both a) Indus Valley, Inc. from by Shanti Melon, 1998 and b) Origins of Hinduism: The Indus Valley Civilization.
- Discussion Questions:
- How did researchers discover most of the information about the Indus people?
- What are some important characteristics/achievements of the Indus Civilization?
- How did the Indus citizens survive?
- Why evidence is there to show their economic intelligence?
- Why do you think our current host school is called Indus?
- Work on individual projects for Issue #1.
Social and Cultural Anthropology: Unit 1: Culture
- How do cultures change?
- In groups let’s cover: Diffusion, Acculturation, Innovation, Globalization
- In ancient times, climate change may have caused Indus Valley cities to have been abandoned. What changes to civilizations and cities might modern climate change bring?