IB Social & Cultural Anthropology
- “Making Tea, Making Japan” Ethnography by Kristin Surak, 2013.
- Discuss deadlines and project.
- Social Organization Prezi
Grade 9&10: World Wide Walkers
- Field trip tomorrow (see Master Calendar dress appropriately)
- A. Thesis/Research Question: Paper writing is simple, when you are organized, well-researched, and follow the process.
II. The Preparation: For help use the Project Guide
- A. Outline/Concept Map: create your own plan of action, what will your essay cover and how will it be formed.
- B. Annotated Bibliography: Provide your preliminary ‘Works Cited’ page, with commentary on how each source will be used. For help with formatting a Bibliography consult the Online Writing Lab from Purdue University.
III. Structure and Quotations: For help use the Writing Guide
IV. Bringing it home.
- A. Conclusion: Wrap it all up beautifully and make sure that your essay answers/proves your research question/thesis. When you follow the steps of researching, planning and writing an academic essay you break a project down into smaller meaningful chunks of work. If you work hard at each of the parts your final essay will be well-organized, and make a clear argument.